Wednesday, December 2, 2009

CAF : "Vous êtes étudiante."

That was the first line of a letter I received from the CAF (Caisse d'allocations familiales) a few days ago.

I really wasn't expecting the CAF to reduce my housing benefit. Last year I had a good job, a low rent thanks to the logement de fonction, and received 135€ per month from the CAF. This time around, I have no job, am a full-time student with a higher, yet normal rent, and will now receive ... 87€ per month. As such, I now have to reimburse the outstanding money I received since September.

Why the change? Apparently, "vous êtes étudiante" = you will receive less money lol :( Anyway, I guess it's still better than receiving nothing ...

1 comment:

Kath said...

It is because they take into account the revenues you perceived last year, not the current one ... not very logical I agree !